Ana Jaimes focuses her practice on international commercial arbitration and investment treaty arbitration. She has acted as counsel for private international corporations and states in connection with international arbitration proceedings under the arbitration rules of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) across several industries as construction, telecommunications, pharmaceutical and automotive. Before joining Stein Ray, Ana acquired international arbitration experience in international firms based in Geneva and Mexico City.
Professional, Business and Civic Affiliations
Ana participates in professional and academic activities as a speaker and is member of multiple arbitration associations.
· AAA - ICDR Young & International: American Arbitration Association
· LCIA - YIAG: London Court of International Arbitration
· ICC YAF: International Chamber of Commerce
· ASA Below 40: Swiss Arbitration Association
· CAM/CANACO: Mexican Arbitration Centre
· YOUNG ICCA: Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration
· DIS 40: German Arbitration Institute
Ms. Jaimes pursued an LL.M in International Dispute Settlement from the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva; an LL.B. from the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, and has studies on business management at Instituto Tecnologico Autonomo de Mexico.
· Spanish (fluent)
· French (fluent)