Heidi Massa has deep expertise in technically, factually and legally complex civil litigation matters across a broad range of substantive areas, including construction disputes, antitrust, federal trade regulation, environmental compliance, securities law, commercial contracts, insurance coverage disputes, professional liability, intellectual property and class actions. She has represented clients in an impressive variety of industries, including manufacturers and distributors of industrial equipment and consumer goods, an ERP software company, a natural gas pipeline company, and one of the world’s preeminent power plant designers. She has extensive experience in state and federal courts and in domestic and international arbitration proceedings.
- Defended a premier nuclear power plant Architect/Engineer in federal court against $400 million claim for fraud and professional negligence -- a bet-the-company case that ultimately settled for a few pennies on the dollar.
- Represented a U.S. commercial vehicle manufacturer/distributor in international arbitration on claims of wrongful termination and antitrust conspiracy.
- Represented the purchaser of a manufacturing company in arbitration against the seller on claims for breach of warranty and indemnity.
- Represented executive defendants in SEC civil action alleging improper accounting practices.
- On behalf of family partnerships, brought a state court action against a major oil company for its breaches of multiple gasoline station leases in respect to environmental matters.
- In several federal qui tam actions, developed the evidence that brought the government significant settlement recoveries.
Professional Affiliations and Credentials
Chicago Bar Association
Martindale AV rating
Phi Beta Kappa
Ms. Massa received her Juris Doctor cum laude from the University of Chicago in 1983. She received her Bachelor's degree cum laude in Political Science from the University of Chicago in 1979.