Ms. Wine’s practice focuses on all aspects of construction litigation, including construction and design defect, construction delay, breach of contract, mechanics’ liens and construction site injury. She has litigated claims on behalf of general contractors, construction managers, architects, engineers, developers and owners involving a variety of projects. Ms. Wine also has substantial experience managing insurance coverage issues that arise out of her litigated matters.
- Represented general contractor in complex litigation arising out of luxury hotel and resort in Vermont, which required prosecution of defect and delay claims exceeding $9 million, as well as defense of numerous breach of contract and mechanic’s lien claims brought by subcontractors.
- Represented general contractor and property owner in litigation involving design defect and delay claims in excess of $20 million arising out of luxury hotel and condominium development in Arizona.
- Represented architect in construction and design defect litigation involving luxury condominium building in Chicago and claims in excess of $5 million.
- Litigated design and construction defect claims on behalf of developer arising out of adaptive reuse condominium project in Chicago, ultimately obtaining favorable settlement at a fraction of the plaintiff’s alleged damages.
- Litigated construction defect claims on behalf of construction manager in arbitration arising out of design and construction of a movie production studio in Chicago.
- Represented construction manager in construction site injury lawsuit involving extensive personal injuries arising out of a roof collapse and obtained favorable settlement at a fraction of both the plaintiff’s alleged damages and the contributions of other parties.
Professional, Business and Civic Affiliations
Ms. Wine is actively involved with the Chicago Chapter of the Builders Association. She is also a member of the auxiliary board of the Chicago Architecture Foundation.
Ms. Wine graduated from Chicago Kent College of Law in 2005 with high honors and as a member of the Order of the Coif. Throughout law school, Ms. Wine was an active member of the Moot Court Honor Society. Ms. Wine received her Bachelor’s degree from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana, with a major in marketing and minor in Spanish.